This pretty cherry-coconut ice cream cake makes use of fresh cherries and gingerbread biscuits. And the fridge does all the work!
The ingredient of Cherry-coconut ice cream cake recipe
- 210g gingerbread biscuits, broken
- 100g butter, melted
- 1L Blue Ribbon Signature Buttermilk Vanilla Ice Cream, softened
- 1/3 cup (70g) cherries, pitted, chopped
- 1/4 cup (40g) dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup (40g) shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup (160g) cherry jam
- 300ml double cream
- 10 mini meringues
- Chocolate fudge topping, to serve
- Pitted cherries, extra, to serve
- Toasted shredded coconut, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Cherry-coconut ice cream cake recipe
- Grease a 20cm (base measurement) springform pan and line the base and side with baking paper. Process biscuit in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Add butter and process until well combined. Spoon into the prepared pan. Press firmly into the base. Place in the freezer for 15 mins or until firm.
- Place the Blue Ribbon Signature Buttermilk Vanilla Ice Cream in a bowl. Add the cherry, cranberry and coconut and fold until just combined. Spoon over the jam and gently swirl to marble. Spoon the ice cream mixture over the biscuit base in the pan and smooth the surface. Freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
- Whisk the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Transfer the cake to a serving plate. Top with whipped cream and meringues. Drizzle with chocolate topping. Decorate with extra cherries and coconut. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Cherry-coconut ice cream cake recipecalories: