Serve this sensational chocolate roulade with warm, dark chocolate sauce, mixed berries and fresh figs.
The ingredient of Chocolate roulade with raspberry cream
- 200g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) warm water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 6 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Mixed berries, to serve
- Thinly sliced fig, to serve
- 150g frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup (40g) icing sugar mixture
- 250g mascarpone
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 50g dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup (80ml) thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico liqueur (optional)
The instruction how to make Chocolate roulade with raspberry cream
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 24cm x 30cm Swiss roll pan and line with baking paper, allowing the long and short sides to overhang.
- Combine the chocolate, water and coffee in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Use a metal spoon to stir occasionally until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until thick and pale. Add the coffee mixture and gently fold until just combined.
- Use a clean electric mixer to whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Add half the egg white to the coffee mixture and gently fold until just combined. Add the remaining egg white and gently fold until just combined. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 20 mins or until dry to the touch. Set aside for 5 mins to cool slightly. Cover with a piece of baking paper. Set aside for 30 mins or until completely cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the raspberry cream, combine raspberries and 1 tablespoon of the icing sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Use the back of a wooden spoon to lightly crush. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until mixture thickens slightly. Strain through a fine sieve into a jug. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the mascarpone, cream and remaining icing sugar in a bowl until firm peaks form. Add the raspberry mixture and gently fold until just marbled through.
- Uncover cake. Place a large piece of baking paper on a clean work surface. Dust evenly with cocoa powder. Turn roulade onto the cocoa dusted paper. Remove the baking paper from top of roulade. Spread the cream mixture evenly over the roulade. Starting from 1 short end, using the cocoa dusted paper as a guide, firmly roll up the roulade to enclose the filling. Wrap the baking paper around the roulade and place, seam-side down, on a baking tray. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
- To make the chocolate sauce, combine the chocolate, cream, sugar and Frangelico, if using, in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the chocolate melts and the sauce is smooth.
- Place the roulade on a serving platter. Drizzle with the chocolate sauce. Top with the mixed berries and fig. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Chocolate roulade with raspberry creamcalories: 524.127 calories
calories: 37 grams fat
calories: 22 grams saturated fat
calories: 39 grams carbohydrates
calories: 33 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 98 milligrams sodium