Pierce the white chocolate exterior and dive into the whipped cream and crumbled honeycomb centre of this chocolate cake.
The ingredient of Chocolate honeycomb roulade with white chocolate sauce
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons NESTLu00c9 BAKERS CHOICE Cocoa
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 x 180g block dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons NESTLu00c9 BAKERS CHOICE Cocoa, extra
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 x 50g Violet Crumble chocolate bars, roughly chopped
- 180g block white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
The instruction how to make Chocolate honeycomb roulade with white chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 2cm-deep, 23cm x 33cm baking tray. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 1cm above edges of tray.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is thick and creamy (mixture should form ribbons when falling from beaters). Sift over cocoa and flour. Fold in until just combined. Add dark chocolate and milk. Fold in until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared tray and gently spread to level.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until sponge is just firm to the touch. Sift extra cocoa powder onto a large sheet of baking paper. Turn out sponge immediately onto prepared paper. Peel away baking paper from top of sponge and discard. Trim edges of sponge, if needed. Keeping sponge on dusted paper, roll up from 1 short side. Cover with a tea towel and set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make White chocolate sauce Place chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth, stirring to combine (see Notes). Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold through 1/2 the Violet Crumble.
- Unroll sponge. Spread cream mixture over sponge, leaving a 2cm border at the short end furthest away from you. Using paper as a guide, carefully roll up sponge to enclose cream. Transfer to a plate, seam-side down. Drizzle with some of the chocolate sauce. Sprinkle remaining Violet Crumble over sauce. Serve roulade with remaining sauce.
Nutritions of Chocolate honeycomb roulade with white chocolate saucecalories: