Nut meal is a great alternative to wheat-based flours, and gives a dense, fudgy centre with a chewy outer layer.
The ingredient of Flourless chocolate and almond cake
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 4 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) brown sugar
- 200g almond meal
- Cocoa powder, to serve
The instruction how to make Flourless chocolate and almond cake
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line the base and sides of a 22cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- Combine the chocolate, butter, cocoau00a0powder and 1/3 cup (80ml) water in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until mixture is smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the egg yolks, sugar and almond meal and stir to combine.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the eggu00a0whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Add half of the egg white to the chocolate mixture and useu00a0a large metal spoon to gently fold tou00a0combine. Add the remaining egg white and gently fold to combine. Pouru00a0into the prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 mins or until a skewer inserted inu00a0the centre comes out clean. Set asideu00a0to cool completely.
- Turn onto a serving platter. Dust with cocoa powder. Cut into pieces.
Nutritions of Flourless chocolate and almond cakecalories: 339.141 calories
calories: 24 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 27 grams carbohydrates
calories: 24 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 115 milligrams sodium