Cut into this pretty party hit to see the surprise three flavours inside.
The ingredient of Neapolitan KitKat layer cake
- 375g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 485g (2 1/4 cups) caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 565g (3 3/4 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) milk, plus 2 tablespoons, extra
- 200g (3/4 cup) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/4 teaspoon Queen Raspberry Baking Paste
- Pink food colouring, to tint
- 50g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 100g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) thickened cream
- 170g pkt Raspberry Cheesecake Duo KitKat, to decorate
- 170g pkt KitKat, to decorate
- 100g (1/2 cup) Neapolitan M&Mu2019s
- 250g butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 450g (3 cups) icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
The instruction how to make Neapolitan KitKat layer cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan forced. Grease 3 round 20cm cake pans and line with baking paper.
- Use electric beaters to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour, milk and yoghurt and beat until smooth. Divide the batter evenly among 3 bowls.
- Pour 1 portion of batter into a prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Add the raspberry baking paste and a few drops of pink food colouring to another portion of batter. Stir until well combined. Pour into another prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Add cocoa powder and extra 2 tbs milk to the remaining portion of batter. Stir until well combined. Pour into remaining prepared pan. Smooth the surface.
- Bake cakes for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centres comes out clean. Turn onto wire racks to cool completely.
- For buttercream, use electric beaters to beat butter and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in icing sugar and milk, in alternating batches, until smooth and creamy.
- Place the chocolate cake on a serving plate. Spread top with a little buttercream. Top with the pink cake. Spread top with a little buttercream. Top with vanilla cake. Spread remaining buttercream over the top and side of cake to coat. Place the cake in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill.
- Place the chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Cool slightly. Pour over top of cake and use a palette knife to spread to the edge, allowing it to drip down the sides. Decorate the top of the cake with KitKat and M&Mu2019s.
Nutritions of Neapolitan KitKat layer cakecalories: