Create decadent peanut butter frosting to add the final touches to these beautiful whoopie pies.
The ingredient of Chocolate & peanut butter whoopies
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 160g (1 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 50g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 330ml (1 1/3 cups) buttermilk
- 125g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 70g (1/4 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 230g (1 1/2 cups) icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 teaspoon milk
- 100g dark chocolate
The instruction how to make Chocolate & peanut butter whoopies
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the egg.
- Stir in the cocoa and bicarbonate of soda to combine. Use a metal spoon to fold in flour and buttermilk, in alternating batches, until just smooth. The mixture should be a little stiff.
- Use a 3cm-diameter ice-cream scoop to place rounds of the mixture onto prepared trays, leaving 5cm for spreading. Use your finger to smooth mixture around the edges.
- Bake, swapping the trays halfway through cooking, for 10 minutes or until firm. Cool slightly. Place on a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining mixture.
- To make the filling: Use an electric beater to beat the cream cheese and peanut butter in a bowl until well combined. Add the icing sugar and beat until well combined. Add the milk and beat until mixture is pale and creamy.
- Spoon the filling into a piping bag fitted with a 5mm fluted nozzle. Pipe stars onto a whoopie base. Pipe half the whoopies with the peanut butter frosting.
- Top with remaining whoopies and press lightly to sandwich together. Drizzle melted dark chocolate over the tops.
Nutritions of Chocolate & peanut butter whoopiescalories: