Here are a few good reasons to try this twist on the classic bread pudding - it is low in fat, low GI and super easy to make!
The ingredient of Banana bread and butter pudding
- 40g reduced-fat spread
- 9 slices oatbran and honey bread
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons yellow box honey (see note)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 small bananas, thinly sliced
- Low-fat ice cream or cream serve
The instruction how to make Banana bread and butter pudding
- Preheat the oven to 170u00b0C. Spread reduced-fat spread over both sides of the bread slices. Cut off the crusts. Cut each slice of bread into two.
- Whisk the milk, eggs, honey, and cinnamon together in a jug.
- Layer of bread on a greased 5-cup baking dish. Garnish with banana slices.
- Pour over the milk mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes. Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve with ice cream or cream.
Nutritions of Banana bread and butter puddingcalories: 438.326 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 52 grams carbohydrates
calories: 28 grams sugar
calories: 20 grams protein
calories: 167 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 468.79 milligrams sodium